Sunday, January 15, 2012

Penny's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yummy!
I have been craving oatmeal cookies for some time now, but even more enticing...I want to make a girly headband holder out of the tall cylinder oats container!! So I'll post about THAT tomorrow. Tonight here is a recipe for some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that can be whipped up with things you probably have in your pantry right now.

In elementary and high school, I was blessed with some really fantastic friendships! I hope my 3 daughters find the kind of relationships I was blessed with some day. Anyway, one of my best friends, Lindsay had a mother equally as wonderful as this is her recipe. I remember on one occasion Lindsay and I had a huge ziploc bag of these cookies and munched almost all of them as we hung out in her room. Oh, how I would love to be able to eat 15 cookies guilt free nowadays!! ;)
Lindsay & I in May 2006

G1, Lindsay & her Mom, Penny

So here goes...a trip down memory lane...and hopefully a scrumptious cookie for you to munch! I didn't get many pictures today. A little G snuck in and wanted to help. Taking pics while I add ingredients is one thing...but photographing the G's pouring things leads to more flour on the countertop than in the mixing bowl. :-)

Cream 2 sticks butter with 1 Cup brown sugar & 1/2 Cup white sugar

 Add 2 eggs

Here is G2! She came inside after sledding with Mr. G and wanted to help! Isn't she cute?! Patiently waiting to stick her fingers in the bowl to get a taste!

 Add your vanilla extract like so, then add your dry ingredients. 3C oats, 1&1/2C flour and 1 tsp. baking soda. Don't forget 1&1/2 C of chocolate chips!

Don't these already look yummy? I smushed mine down a little bit before baking


These little stackers would be so good with a scoop of ice cream in between them, don't you think?

Perfect with a glass of milk!



Best part was when G1 told me my cookies were still good even if they had "healthy" oatmeal in them! Hope you enjoy these! I think they are perfect for a cold winter day and that's exactly what today was.
Thanks Penny for sending me your recipe today! These were just what I was craving!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for my fun & functional headband holder!!! Ooo...also Mr. G starts his new job tomorrow so if we have a good day (no school tomorrow which always leads to surprises in my schedule) I really want to make him a special treat for when he comes home! Maybe 2 posts tomorrow...

-Mrs. G

Penny's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
1 Cup brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Cups oats
1&1/2 Cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1&1/2Cups chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream butter and sugars
Add eggs & vanilla
Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
Add chocolate chips
Bake Tablespoon sized scoops of cookie dough at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment